World of Chig   

31.7.02

Chig on TV tonight!


Well no, not really, but some friends might be, and there's a slim chance I may be spotted in the background of Future Sex, tonight (Wed 31/07) at midnight on C4. Late last year, visiting some friends in London, I was dragged kicking and screaming (not dragged up, just dragged) to this. Obviously I would never have willingly gone to such a night of perverted fetishism, and it's pure coincidence that I had my Villa kit with me in London. On arrival, we found that the night was being filmed for a series which I watched first time around (when it was called Digital Sex), mainly because the presenter, Amory Peart, was a friend of mine from Uni days. He was plain old Skinny Northern Mark then, who did theatre design with my flatmate at the Birmingham Poly site which was next door to our (Aston Uni's) student union building. Four of my friends (four of the 'London skinheads in Tallinn, for those of you who've read the Eurovision adventures of Mike and Chig) were interviewed for Future Sex, sitting outside the pub. I declined, and scuttled inside to try and chat up the only other bloke there in a Villa top. Hey, this was London, I was curious, and he was f*****g horny too. Turned out his boyfriend (Yuk! I hated hearing him say that word) had loaned him the top. I'm not even sure he knew which team it was - a bitter disappointment. Anyway, goodness knows what my mates were saying outside on camera, but as Michael was involved, it will have been very rude. Later, I was one of the three people dragged up (that phrase again) on stage for the Best Kit competition (insert your own kit inspection/tackle joke here), which more than compensated for the missed TV opportunity.
Tonight's programme is definitely the 'fetish' themed one of the series, so if we're on, this is the one. Having said that though, they previewed the programme at the end of last week's and there was no mention, nor clips, of footie kit clubs or fetishes. So don't blame me if you stay up to watch it, and we've hit whatever's the digital equivalent of a cutting room floor, do you hear? You filthy pervert.
(It's on after Make Me A Man, the transsexual docu, and Lesbian Love Stories. Something for everyone on 4 tonight!)

· link

Home