World of Chig   

23.7.02

Chig on TV again; it's been and gone


It's not that *I* needed to see it again; I have it on video from March 2001 after all. However, I did promise you on 14th April that I would try to tell the world when Chig's appearance on 15-to-1 was due to be repeated, but postponements due to cricket and horse racing on C4 made it difficult to keep track of where we were at with the current repeat series. Then I went out on Saturday night, and not one but TWO people told me (I vaguely remember through a deep alcoholic fog) that I was on last Thursday. "We were texting each other, saying Chig's on the telly" said one friend. No one bothered to text ME!! Huh. Oh well, I still didn't win. I made it to the second round, and was then picked on by the older people, as I was the youngest contestant. Did a fairly good rabbit in the headlights impression every time I was on camera, but the reason for looking uncomfortable, as Said has said in the comments below, is that I took along two of my favourite, trendiest short-sleeved shirts; one black, one grey, but because too many people were wearing dark colours, they marched ME - and no one else - to the rail of vile coloured shirts and forced me to wear a lime green fluorescent number. All I could think when in the studio was 'I must tell everybody this isn't my shirt'. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

· link

Home