World of Chig   

6.6.02

Now I wish I'd bet on it


Remarkably, I managed to tape all the Big Brother 'surprise' eviction night shenanigans from Friday, and then spend the whole weekend out at Birmingham Pride AVOIDING hearing the result. This is doubly remarkable, because when Graham Norton appeared on the main stage on Sunday, he talked of little else but Big Brother. Feeling obliged, in journalist mode, to listen to what he had to say, I thought, 'oh well, that's blown it, I'm going to find out now', but although he said, in his gleefully evil way, that Friday night had all got a bit nasty, he still didn't say who was out.

So, last night I watched it all on video as if it was live. And just call me Mystic Chig. Was my prediction (below, Fri 31/05) spot on, or was it totally accurate? I am in tune with the nation!

I also found myself feeling very uncomfortable watching Lynne leave. Before Friday, I was relishing the surprise eviction. I thought it would be really funny, and shocking, to mess with their heads and see how they reacted, but now I'm not so sure. I hope the eviction experience hasn't screwed up Lynne too much, as coming outside to boos and seeing at least one placard saying 'Evil Lynne' must have been quite a shock for her. But then, she saw the clips of her afterwards, and she WAS nasty. You reap what you sow, and if you can't face the level of exposure, or the way that the editing portrays you, then you shouldn't go in.

And now, of course, it's Jade who has the difficulty. She knows she is the most unpopular person in the house, as far as the public are concerned. That must be even more difficult to deal with than Lynne's problems, as she is at least away from the public glare now.

Person most out of touch with the other housemates = Lee.
I noticed that he is the only person who didn't nominate ANY of the three who face the public vote (Alex, Alison and Sandy).
I didn't see the nomination process, so who DID Lee nominate? And why did Alison get four nominations? I thought she was quite popular.

· link

Home