World of Chig   

27.6.02

Moo!


I won't be here for the next four days. But I will be here and if there's an internet cafe at Glasto, I may be here after all, telling you what's hot and if the weather is too. This will be my third attempt at Glastonbury, after unfortunately picking the two mudbaths of recent years in order to experience it for the first and second times. The year after, 2000, I couldn't face the prospect of that ordeal again, and of course the weather was good in my absence. So then I thought I'd go in 2001, and it was called off. So, here we go again. Third time lucky? Quite possibly. No forecast of rain until at least Saturday, and possibly not at all. (But it's Wimbledon fortnight - surely it HAS to rain?) There are six of us going today, although I only know two of the other five, and they're all coming from London, so I'm driving down on my own this lunchtime. On Saturday, my married friends from Swindon are coming down to camp with their two young children, one of whom is just a baby who I haven't met yet, so it should be an interesting and diverse weekend. Bought all the essentials yesterday: disposable cameras, sunglasses, chocolate biscuits, tins of baked beans and veggie sausages (combined), bottles of Stella, Imodium, and a football. Just one query. How the hell do I get Friday night's BB eviction + all the Glastonbury coverage + the World Cup final onto one 8 hour video? On second thoughts, Sophie's really dull, so don't need to tape her eviction.

WARNING: EXCESSIVE EXPOSURE TO LOUD MUSIC MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR HEARING
(and that's from the official website!)


· link

Home