World of Chig   

16.6.02

Lunchtime drinking can ruin your weekend


[08.45] Three pints yesterday lunchtime after nothing more than a bowl of Sugar Puffs for breakfast, and I was decidedly merry after the 3-0 demolition of Denmark, but then knocked out for the rest of the day. Skipped joyfully back home, watched TV for the evening, and then had to go for 'a lie down' with a slight headache. I crawled under the covers before 9pm. Next thing I know, it's nearly 1am. The curtains are still open all around the house, and I think to myself 'I seem to have gone to bed then'! So I went to bed properly, and then woke up just about every hour, but at least it was easy to get up at 7.15am today, for the game I'm now watching; Sweden v. Senegal (a deserved equaliser from Senegal making it 1-1 as I write).

Lunchtime today will see a probable repeat of yesterday, as we gather once more in Pat Kav's , which has a large Irish following, for what could be a nail-biting, or just horribly unsatisfactory, game against Spain. I'll be amazed if Spain don't win in the end, but I'm expecting Ireland to really battle against them. If Ireland do win, then we're into fairytale territory again (see Japan, South Korea and Senegal for prior examples of this).....

· link

Home