World of Chig   

19.6.02

Big Bore


I know it's not just me, but I'm finding Big Brother less than compelling this time around. I was glued to every minute of the first three (including the celebrity version), but BB4 has been ruined by the rich/poor divide. All it's done has created friction and unhappiness, and that's SO not good to watch on TV. It has drastically cut the number of permutations for interaction between the inmates, which they could ill afford to do, given that this lot are a lot more boring (and bored) than previous years. I think their selection procedure has been a failure this year, if this is what was left after 150,000 applications. They're clearly not using APPLICABLE criteria when sifting the applicants.

At least this week's eviction vote has provided something I do vaguely care about. If Spencer goes this week, I won't have any incentive to watch BB any more. Sure, I fancy him, which is easy through a TV screen, where we can't smell him, or get annoyed by his laziness, but Alex is just AWFUL. I can't stand the sound of his whinging voice any more. Worryingly though, Alex seemed to have quite a bit of support in Graham Norton's audience tonight. It's time to get on the phone.

· link

Home