World of Chig   

21.5.02

To save duplication, here's a copy of my first e-mail to the eurovision_general list (at Yahoo! groups - sign up if you want all the latest Eurovision info.)

"I'm in the media centre at the Saku Suurhall. Yesterday was hectic, but really good. The official party last night at the Estonian National Theatre was just stunning! And the official Euroclub is pretty good too. Apparently I've been on BBC Choice already - a fleeting glimpse of me during Jessica's press conference, for anyone who saw it last night. I've also been interviewed in the street for a Belgian comedy programme. Does anyone know when this might go out? It's called De L..... L...... (In other words, I only know the two main words begin with 'L') The interviewer showed me pictures of 'famous' Belgian and Dutch people, and asked me who they were. Needless to say, out of about 8 photos, I only knew Pim Fortuyn, until the very last one. It was a very big man with bleached hair. "Ah, I know this one", I said. The interviewer looked surprised. "It's Sergio." "How do you know that?", she said, and I reached into my jacket and pulled out my Eurovision delegation card! All of this was filmed, so if it appears on TV, would you lovely Belgian (or Dutch) people let me know? Thanks.

I'll just answer Keith's questions for now and get back to you all later.


Is Karolina wearing THAT frock?

Yes, she definitely is, with some adjustment made by the designer, but she didn't say what that is. I had to avoid eye contact with her yesterday as I unfortunately sat in the front row of her press conference. It's clear that she is very proud of the dress and doesn't think there's anything funny about it at all!


Is the UK as bad as some have suggested (very poor vocal apparently!)

Absolutely not. Who is spreading that load of nonsense? Jessica's singing is so confident that you can feel quite relaxed when watching her - you don't have to worry that she's not going to reach any notes. Her rehearsal was superb, and her confidence in the press conference was astounding. So there. She also hinted that she might wear something very skimpy on Saturday. She said "there's not much to it". Jessica is rather self-critical actually, and SHE said she hit a few bum notes in the rehearsal, but I honestly don't think anyone noticed.

What is the setting for Israel that makes it so stunning (I'm hearing
great reports from everywhere on this).

No idea. But there were not-very-secret service agents all around the press conference, apparently, speaking into their jacket pockets!


What are the Russian boys wearing?

Council estate trackie boy chic. They looked really messy in rehearsal, but that doesn't indicate what they will wear on the night (I hope). Their singing was very good though, and they have a really good lighting effect, like swirling smoke. Looks good on TV.

Roy was just sitting opposite me, so you have more than one answer...

France rehearsing now - I can see her on the screens now. At last, a shorter version!!"

· link

Home