World of Chig   

24.5.02

This morning's report from last night's parties


The combined 'Mediterranean' party, held by Spain, Cyprus and Malta, was an absolute scorcher! The food was good, the red wine was good (even though I don't normally drink red!) All the acts performed on a tiny stage, with more camera crews and fans on the stage than you could possibly imagine. Cypriots One did some other songs, as did Ira Losco, and then the real scoop. It was an Operacion Triunfo live show! The atmosphere in there was just electric, and very, very hot (just like in the Med, appropriately!)

Chenoa and Gisela, both the Davids, and of course Rosa. It was absolutely fantastic. Corazon Latino particularly stood out for me as being rather brilliant. And I took some brilliant photos, which I promise to display properly when I'm back next week. David Bustamente looking sweaty. Mmmmmmmm!! I should say though, that many Spaniards here (and many Germans too) think they have this competition in the bag already, just by turning up. At least one of them is going to be disappointed, and I think it will be both.

Before the Med party, some people (but not me) popped into the Russian Embassy party. Apart from the inside of the building being fabulous, as you would expect, Philip Kirkorov was there. I saw him later He looks so odd, and so tall, but that didn't stop teenage girls screaming for him at the door. Weird. Still, if Premier Ministr is the best-looking boyband the Russians can come up with, I guess the teenage girls have to look elsewhere. They did perform their song at the embassy.

Some people left the 9pm Med party early, as the Estonian party started at 10pm, but I thought we would get more entertainment at the Med, one, and I'm glad we stayed, because it was the best party for me since the UK's in Stockholm.

Reports of the Estonian party were good though. One person told me that Ines performed after Sahlene, but strangely, other people didn't know that.

Must go. Have just been asked to go into town and be filmed by Estonian TV!!
I may also be on Midlands Today later, for those of you in the Midlands (UK). Bryan, can you tape it please?!
Have I been on Belgian TV yet?

· link

Home