World of Chig   

9.5.02

Intrigue and scandal in clubland


Along with every other journo on their press list, I've received an e-mail tonight from club giants Gatecrasher. It's entitled Urgent Announcement: Biggest Corruption Scandal In Clubland. They're having a press conference in London tomorrow morning which promises to expose the people behind one of the biggest scandals affecting the UK clubs which run in Ibiza every Summer. It's something which was certainly a big talking point when I was in Ibiza in September 2000. Their e-mail names names and it makes interesting reading. Unfortunately, it's also embargoed until lunchtime tomorrow. If this is just a marketing ploy, I have fallen for it, hook, line and sinkre, but I thnk it's an intriguing story. If I were in London tomorrow (Friday 10th), I would definitely get along to the Anexo Restaurant, 61 Turnmill Street, Clerkenwell, EC1 (above Turnmills club) for the press conference. This will be all over Muzik, Mixmag, DJ magazine et al, and I'll tell what I know tomorrow....

· link

Home