World of Chig   

21.5.02

First impressions


(Tuesday 14.00) Tallinn is absolutely, gloriously, fascinatingly beautiful. I seriously recommend coming here for a holiday, Eurovision or no Eurovision. The old town is an absolute delight. I had the day to myself on Sunday, and wandered round for over five hours, taking 130 photos. I should be working for an architectural magazine, as they're nearly all of rooftops, doorways, houses and churches.

Everything is cheap here. Even though we know the taxi drivers have doubled their rates for us visitors, they're still cheaper than at home. Those of you coming here later in the week, prepare to go music shopping mad! CD singles are one pound, albums between four and six pounds!! New DVDs are twelve pounds. Even the official Eurovision 2002 album is only six pounds, so buy it here! McDonalds 'meals' are less than two pounds. Saku beer (which thankfully is really good, as they are the sponsors of this very building I'm in) is only 1.50GBP per pint. Even better than that, ALL our drinks here in the press centre are free! Water, fizzy stuff, and even the lager. Hurrah!

(I'm being very distracted writing this, as a lovely Swiss journalist has been giving me a neck and shoulder massage. Oe-er!)




· link

Home