World of Chig   

26.4.02

Never Be The Same Again


America loses ANOTHER of its top female R'n'B stars, in ANOTHER crash. The difference with Aaliyah is that Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes had a UK #1 single BEFORE she died.
TLC had four UK top ten hits, but in the US they were second only to the Supremes as most successful female group.
This is the second lead singer of a chart group to die in a week after Layne Staley of Alice In Chains was found dead seven days ago.
Lisa Lopes was about to release some new material under the faintly ridiculous new name 'NINA', which stood for 'New Identity Not Applicable'. How true that now is.

My blog is becoming a celebrity death register! At the end of this month (ie. next week) I will publish the full list I've been compiling for the first third of the year, and you can tell me if I missed any while in Australia. (Spike Milligan can't have been the only famous death in that month.)

· link

Home