World of Chig   

23.4.02

Christopher Price


[2am] I've just received e-mails on the Eurovision list saying that Christopher Price, presenter of Liquid News, has been found dead. I thought it was just a stupid rumour, but I've checked teletext news and it's true. I'm gutted. Not only was he totally brilliant as a presenter, with his 'take no shit' attitude to his guests, and his acerbicly written, literate and witty scripts, he was one of very few media personalities to be out and proud as a big fat pouf. Championed by Gay Times long ago, he made Liquid News a breath of fresh air, and one of my must see programmes every week. This is a really tragic loss. Christopher was also due to be presenting a five hour alternative Eurovison party on 25th May on BBC Choice. I was really looking forward to it, as he was a fan, which is why he presented A Song For Europe last month. I wasn't sure if he was actually going to Tallinn, but I was kind of hoping to meet him someday. Awful news.

· link

Home