World of Chig   

27.3.02

Tonight’s TV: Stars And Their Doubles (ITV1)
It’s car crash TV; I knew I shouldn’t watch, but I just couldn’t help myself. I thought it was ITV Digital that was in trouble, not ITV1, but this programme is just scraping the bottom of a barrel labelled desperation. Some of the people on this lookalikes’ awards show do look amazingly like the stars they’re supposed to, and good luck to them. Others though, require a lot of imagination. I thought the Geordie Britney Spears was supposed to be Jordan. The supposed Keanu Reeves looked no more like Keanu than my Gran does. How do these people have the cheek to do it? As for the music category, bloody hell! We were ‘treated’ to performances from pop lookalikes of Louise Nurdin and Debbie Harry. They looked okay, but had voices that wouldn’t have lasted ten seconds in the Pop Idol auditions.

When I was out in the car today, I looked in the mirror and could have sworn Brad Pitt was driving the car behind me. He was a much better lookalike than the one who won a prize for being Brad on tonight’s programme. Consequently, next year, expect to see me on this show as Kiefer Sutherland. About once a year, some drunk person in a club tells me I look like him, and now that he’s back in the limelight with BBC2’s ‘24’, my time has surely come!

· link

Home