World of Chig   

22.3.02

Penis gourds


Now there are two words I wouldn’t have put together before Wednesday night. But that was before I caught the end of a documentary on BBC1 showing a village (somewhere in Africa, presumably?) where the menfolk wear penis gourds and very little else. It’s like putting your willy in an ice cream cone, and then tying it around your waist with a piece of string, so that you seem proudly erect all the time. If I hadn’t seen the rest of the programme, I would have thought this was a scene from Brass Eye, or some other spoof documentary. Very bizarre. The two white, British men who were visiting the village, decided to join in, to ‘bond’ with the locals, but one of them had a problem finding a gourd to fit. As his friend helpfully put it, “Bruce is hung like a brontosaurus”. Did he know this before?
This reminds me that dictionary corner on Countdown yesterday came up with the word ‘erection’. Strangely, Carol didn’t put this up(!) on the board. She probably knew I would photograph it and display it here.


· link

Home