World of Chig   

18.3.02

Hello, hello, I’m back again!


Chig has been back from Oz for eight days now, and is only just about in the land of the living. Jet lag is frigging horrible - I feel like I’ve spent the last week in a daze; absolutely shattered in the evenings and yet waking up unfeasibly early in the mornings feeling as bright as a button. (Just how bright IS a button, by the way?)
One of the many things I learnt on my Australia trip is NEVER to do the whole journey, the two flights, all at once. On the way out there, as we disembarked at Bangkok for a refuelling stop, I realised how stupid I’d been in my haste to get to Oz. Stepping out of the plane about 2pm in their afternoon, I was met by a wall of heat, and I thought to myself ‘I’m in Thailand, somewhere I’ve never been before, and I’m not staying’. Fifty minutes later, we were being herded back onto the plane. So that was the Asian part of my trip. All the other six Brit friends who went to Sydney had been staying in Bangkok or Hong Kong beforehand, and were going back via Hong Kong (different friends), or Perth and South Africa. Next time, I’ll do something like that, with Singapore a possibility as well. I feel like I’ve let a tourist opportunity pass me by, as well as knackering myself unnecessarily with a 23.5 hour plane trip back in a very uncomfortable seat, with a wildly fluctuating temperature on board. It was horrible.

Anyway, dear readers, the next few entries will probably be in some incomprehensible order as I get some pressing topics (you wish!) off my chest. Special thanks first though to troubled_diva, who is on the point of changing his name officially (for blog purposes) to troubled-diva (subtle, but important), but who is still known occasionally as Mike. He came over for twenty-four hours of drinking, Swedish Melodifestivalen on video, and a bit of Brum culcha this weekend. He spent a lot of time fixing a few gremlins in this here technophobe’s blog, for which I am eternally grateful. Note then that the large, bold text entries have been repaired, and I now have links on the left here to some of my fave sites. Hurrah! Coming soon: photos! Hurrah again!!

Also coming soon:
Eurovision: all 24 songs reviewed by Chig
Will Young – my thoughts on the whole coming out thing, and why I was nearly on TV last week.

Australia’s Top Ten Singles for the week I left (if I can find the piece of paper)

Call My Bluff – and why I’m really an intellectual. Oh yes.

Sydney stories: some of the adventures I haven’t written up yet, including;
Being insulted at the Shagtag night
The ‘frog on bottom’ story.
The ‘shock of seeing my name in a museum’ story

· link

Home