World of Chig   

22.3.02

Bavarija booted - booooo!!


Oh bugger! I know I said it once before, but then it turned out not to be true after all. Today though, Lithuanian group Bavarija were finally disqualified from Eurovision. I'm gutted. At least we know this now, before I trotted off to the betting shop. I'm sure they would have won. As if it wasn't bad enough that the most fun song is out, and possibly the second best-looking act, after Cyprus, it looks as if the THIRD placed song in the Lithuanian final may be replacing 'We All'. The second song was pretty good too, but it seems the artist has 'other commitments'. What?! The replacement third song is called Singing In The Night, by Saules Kliosas, and it sounds like.....Shakatak! Or The Rah Band. Now that's a revival too far.

Oh well, bring on the live music! Tomorrow night I'm returning to gigging after about eight weeks. I'm going to see Crazyface in a local, band-friendly, but extremely low-ceilinged pub. They are fronted (well, I *think* he's the singer) by Simon, the ex-boyfriend of one of my girly friends. I've known about them for well over a year, but I haven't seen them live, or heard their single, or in fact heard anything by them. (I am currently downloading a track from peoplesound though.) Watch this space for a review.

· link

Home