World of Chig   

4.2.02

Sunday 03/02/02 03:57

Well, I think tonight’s attempt to combine work and pleasure was a surprisingly successful trip. It’s always tempting, when a friend has a “friend visiting for the weekend” who I haven’t met, to think I wonder if he’s my type, will we cop off etc. and I hardly dare to do it, but tonight those thoughts turned out to be founded (if that’s the opposite of unfounded.)
Gingerprince had his friend J from Leeds coming for his first time out on the Brum scene, so my first meeting with them was when they called for me in the taxi into town. Initial impressions were good, but I didn’t really think anything of it, until he started getting tactile in DV8 later on. I thought, ‘a m I imagining this, or is he touching theback of my leg?” when we exchanging fragments of drunken conversation. Left alone in the taxi queue, we were

Gingerprince nearly go tinto a fight in the taxi rank. Or rather, not in the taxi rank, which id the problem – there isn’t one. Unfortunately I vaguely know th ebloke who grabbed hin by the arm and swung him away from the taxi. He obviouy thought GP had pushed in, but we had been waiting much longer, so it real;ly wasn;t fair.

They’re going to the sauna after lunch tomorrow, and as he got out of the taxi, said ‘maybe see you at the sauna tomorrow’ I was only slightly tempted to invite him back to mine because (a) the place is a mess and (b) Ii know what it’s like for a friend to come and stay and then NOT stay at your place. It can leave you feeling a bit deflated, and if said friends has gone to stay with one of your best friends, it camn feel like a bit of a betrayal, although logically it shouldn’t . It’s ahoppened to m ebeore, an my friendship with GP is more important to me than a quick shag. Maybe I’m not drunk enough. I did have a drinking break in the middle of the night, so it’s the foirst time in living memory ytht GOP has been more drunk than me, and I’v enoticed.

Vox Pop: people amazingly willing to talk, out of 18 approached, we got 16 interviews. I even got two phone numbers, unprovoked, without me asking for them, andI’m quite tempted to ring both of them.

Whjat was really heartening was the good stories that people had to tell, particularly of finding strenght in friends, but also sometales of suppoort from teachers, in the face of Section 28, although no one mentiond it by name.

Hope I dsee J tomorrow. He did day ‘you can never have too much sex’ in the taxi. I laughed and said , yeah more than once a week. HE said once a month would be nice, or sth like that.

· link

Home