World of Chig   

21.2.02

The Powerhouse Museum


Monday afternoon; only allowed myself two hours in here, which wasn’t enough, so I’ll have to go back. Properly known as the Museum of Applied Science and Design, you can understand why they changed the name. (It’s also in old power station, hence the name – shades of Tate Modern.) It’s one of those interactive, ‘please DO touch the exhibits’ kind of places. Some of the displays are fascinating, while some just next to them are really dull, but I guess you can’t expect me to be as interested in early lawnmower design (for instance) as your average country-living Aussie, can you?

Two of the temporary exhibitions particularly caught my eye; 50 years of Festival Records, and a collection of HIV & AIDS campaign posters of the last 20 years.


· link

Home