World of Chig   

18.2.02

Ozblog part two


Strewth! Has it been a week already? Seven days in Sydney has passed by in the blink of an eye, and I guess it's good that I haven't written, because it means I've been enjoying myself. And there have been times when it's just too bloomin' hot to sit anywhere near the PC anyway. Today is not sunny though, and as I write this at 7pm it's still very muggy and warm, so we'll probably have more rain, as we had for hours last night and this morning.

Managing to combine touristy stuff, gay sceney stuff and family stuff, and managing to sleep better over here and get out of bed in the mornings, which is nice.
Have even been to the gym; the first time (apart from a hotel in Chicago) that I have ever dared to exercise in public, outside of my own home. Have I succumbed to peer pressure? Quite possibly. The chances of it making a radical difference in the twelve days left to the BIG Mardi Gras party are precisely nil, but I'm just doing it for my own peace of mind. The most striking thing about the gay scene is the incredible amount of firmly pumped bods on display, and yes, it IS intimidating.

Holiday stats:
CDs bought: none (astoundingly)
Trips to Bondi Beach: 1
Photos taken of hunks on Bondi Beach: several
Family members met: 6
Cars driven: 2
Trips to gym: 1
Meals/drinks out in cafes: too many to count already
Men fancied: innumerable
Shags: 1
Internet dates arranged: 1, provisionally
Nights spent out drinking until daylight: 1



· link

Home