World of Chig   

2.1.02

Crying At The Discoteque (sic)
New Year's Eve was all going so well....up until 11.55pm. Having positioned ourselves on the dancefloor with a view of the stage at the Nightingale, I chatted to someone for a minute and my two friends disappeared, without so much as a tap on the shoulder to tell me where they were going. I spent the next five minutes in absolute panic, as the build-up was orchestrated from the stage, and when the big moment came, I was alone on a crowded dancefloor, feeling like I was about to burst into tears. It was like going into battle, as I was covered in streamers and clouded in dry ice. Had the three of us stayed together, it would have been brilliant, but after being abandoned, in the end it was shit. I felt so let down, and was in a miserable strop from then on, especially as they came back grinning like nothing had happened, and didn't even apologise for abandoning me. One special moment when you want to be with your friends, gone for ever. I was on the point of going home straight after that, fuming with anger and yet depressed at the same time, but somehow I stayed on, and never returned to the party mood.

I woke up this morning feeling like I missed the dawn of the new year. I think I'll stick to house parties for future NYEs, like the last two years.

· link

Home