World of Chig   

22.11.01

Angels, Revolution, Kudos, Crusaid and Big Brother (1)



Oh, deep joy! It’s 00:30 and I’ve just got in from my three social engagements tonight (see below). I spent much time at Kudos chatting to Dean O’Loughlin from Big Brother, who Josh had brought along to the auction as he’s local, and his lovely wife Vanessa. All three of them were great to talk to, but I spent most time talking to Vanessa, and then Dean, and got some questions out of my system which I’d been harbouring since BB was on in the Summer. At one point, I was really pleased with myself; I asked Vanessa a couple of questions which she said no one had ever asked her before. She seemed quite impressed that I’d managed to avoid the usual tabloid line of questioning which she experienced plenty of while Dean was in the house. Everyone there agreed that Dean is gorgeous in the flesh, and, if I was that way inclined, so is Vanessa. They were both an absolute joy to talk to, very chatty and forthcoming.

Earlier, I had been fed for free at Angels, being a willing guinea pig for their new menu which is unleashed upon the public tomorrow. They seemed less pleased that I pointed out seven or eight spelling mistakes in the new menu, when they were only admitting to four! I met one of the managers there, who for some reason I had never met before, even though he’s been there since May. I think we bonded, and I quite fancy seeing him again! Then, in Revolution, the new vodka bar on Broad Street, I saw a local TV news reporter who I’ve quite fancied since I first noticed him in the Summer. Didn’t speak though. Revolution is a fantastically stylish new bar; the kind of place I would quite happily go to if it wasn’t stuck in the middle of the “let’s go out for a fight” Broad Street, as it is. I met someone I vaguely knew there and he agreed with me that the concept won’t work. They stock dozens and dozens of vodkas, but who honestly thinks to themself ‘I must go out for a vodka’? I think it will inevitably have to rely on lager sales to get by, but as it’s such a nice bar anyway, it might just get away with that. It was interesting to see the bar full of arty/media types, mostly dressed in black – thankfully I was too – who I thought maybe I should get to know, but I had to dash off for Kudos. There were only six people there who I did know, and three of them were at Kudos later as well.

· link

Home